This banana pudding is essentially a soggy temptation! The sweet dish highlights how a simple fruit combined with a few common ingredients can elegantly transform into a superiorly delicious baked dessert.
In this recipe, the buttery, sugary, fruity, spicy, and milky elements sync together overwhelmingly into one dish! The result is an aromatic refreshing pudding with natural flavors and delicate textures, offering a filling treat.
This banana pudding is slightly different in the sense that it doesn’t use any cookies or wafers. It is intentionally prepared to preserve the lovely, delicate texture of bananas, with a serving of creamy chilled ice-cream or sweet sauce.
What Goes Into Banana Pudding?
This banana pudding recipe is prepared the authentic way, without using any packaged pudding mix. Yet, all it takes is 15 minutes and 7 ingredients, namely; bananas, butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, eggs, and milk.
This simple fruit pudding recipe is an appetizing way of adding the goodness of a hydrating fruit, protein, calcium, and minerals to the daily diet.
Let’s check out the healthy advantages of the chief ingredient; bananas.
Bananas are highly nutritious and fibrous fruit. They are known to hydrate the body and are popularly used in various face packs and hair masks.
Furthermore, bananas are great for the heart, help in losing weight, aid in digestion, contain anti-oxidant properties and are proved to be effective in maintaining kidney health.
Most of all, this fruit is a healthy snack that is good for kids, teens, adults as well as the elderly.
The use of eggs takes care of the body’s protein need, while milk fulfills the necessary calcium doze.
- Bananas that have just ripened work best for this pudding.
- In case you wish to try this recipe over the weekend and have already purchased the bananas, store them in the fridge to slow the ripening process.
- For a lovely crunch, serve it with roughly chopped salted peanuts, cashews, almonds, or pistachios.
- Prepare small batches, as this pudding tastes best when had fresh. Additionally, avoid storing for the next day as the banana begins to discolor after 20-24 hours.
Yummy Pudding: Ready in Minutes
This banana pudding is exclusively made from scratch. It also tops the list of a super quick and effortless healthy dessert.
It simply needs 5 minutes to prepare, and a quick 10 minutes in the oven. In 15 minutes, your luscious dessert is ready to be eaten to the heart’s content, along with your spouse, significant other or BFF.
I don't know about you, but when the feeling of hunger takes over, my mind and body stops functioning! All I can think about is food!
The natural habit is to open a bag of chips to immediately regret the loads of calorie intake. If you order something or run to a restaurant, still it’s neither healthy nor inexpensive.
This banana pudding is mushy, it’s yummy, it’s quick and most of all, it is healthy.
Bake this sweet dessert to treat your toddlers, a visiting friend, for a picnic or a backyard barbeque party!
Don’t hold back! Wear the apron, mash, mix, and bake! Your guilt-free banana pudding is ready!
- 2 bananas, whole
- ½ banana, sliced
- 4 oz butter, melted
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Mash 2 bananas into melted butter. Mix in sugar, flour, cinnamon, eggs and milk. Mix well until combined.
- Place the banana mixture into a microwave bowl.
- Put sliced banana on top. Cook in a microwave on High for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the dessert with ice cream or any sweet sauce of choice.