This blackberry tart showcases an exotic looking dessert. It is perfected with distinct flavors and incredible textures. Its aroma stimulates the senses, its look excites the palate and the taste lingers in the memory.
This vegetarian tart is a refreshing departure from the typical warm non-vegetarian desserts.
Add this fruit tart to your unique list of desserts. Serve it to your family, friends, and colleagues and cherish the appreciation flowing in. This home-prepped, naturally flavored, super light and chilled blackberry tart is always a heart winner!
What goes into baking blackberry tart?
The blackberry tart acquires its colorful and luscious flavors from an assorted range of ingredients. These ingredients include unsalted butter, honey, pastry sheets, quark, powdered sugar, cinnamon, fresh blackberries, and dark chocolate.
Each ingredient not only contributes to creating a delicious dessert but also provides a healthy dose of nutrition.
Honey is well-known as a day starter along with warm water for the loss of unwanted fat.
This sticky, sweet and shiny nectar from the flowers is a fabulous antioxidant. By keeping the blood pressure and cholesterol levels in check, honey keeps heart troubles at bay. For issues like wounds, ulcers, burns, and cough, honey is a natural remedy.
It is true that adding fruits to daily food intake can prove excellent!
Fresh blackberries are rich fibrous fruits filled with Vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Recent studies say blackberries immensely aid in maintaining oral health.
Chopnotch baking tips:
- Quark is naturally fat-free and therefore better than cream cheese, mascarpone or ricotta cheese. Along with tarts, it can be used in cheesecakes, dips, bread baking, and mousse.
- This blackberry tart or any fruit tarts are best served fresh and consumed within 6 hours of preparation.
- Do not store this blackberry tart for long. The flaky pastry tends to get soggy overnight and ruins the overall taste.
- Toasted almonds make a crunchy French style garnish to this blackberry tart.
An effortless dessert: cool and refreshing
It’s time to have a little fun and enjoy serving a cool vegetarian blackberry tart.
This glamorous looking velvety fruit tart only requires 10 minutes of prepping. Add another 20 minutes to that to get your butter and honey coated pastry sheets baked crisply.
Just within 30 minutes time, your tart is ready to delight a group of 8.
The creamy quark absorbs the sugar’s sweetness, a hint of cinnamon’s spiciness and a balanced sourness from the blackberries beautifully. As the flavorsome smooth mixture softly fills the glossy crisp tart, the match sure seems to be made in heaven. Finally, the dark chocolate drizzle along with juicy blackberries gives this rich tart the perfect finish.
The fresh and airy blackberry tart is a lavish looking dessert requiring minimal effort and time.
This is a treasured homemade recipe for several reasons. A fruity berry blast along with creamy quark is a true summer treat. A stunning quick dessert to entertain surprise guests! It saves extra effort to prepare a separate dessert for vegetarian buddies.
Take a break, have some blackberry tart!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 sheets ready rolled pastry
- 7 oz quark
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add butter and honey to a small sauce pan, melt over low heat. Brush the pastry sheets with butter mixture.
- Bake the pastry for 20 minutes, let cool.
- Whip quark to soft peaks, add cinnamon and sugar. Mix well. Mash the half of blackberries and add to the quark mixture. Spread the mixture on top of the cooked pastry. Add the rest of blackberries on top.
- Drizzle the tart with chocolate and serve.