There are very few things as soothing to the soul as the aroma of freshly baked muffins. Of course, the fruit-flavored muffins are a favorite among many. This is thanks to the fruit’s juiciness balancing out the otherwise dry muffin texture marvelously.
Blueberry muffins have a huge fan base. The United States celebrates July 11th as National Blueberry Muffin Day!
The sweet taste of the blueberries adds a natural essence to the muffins. A bite of the soft blueberry muffins delights the taste-buds bringing a smile to the face.
Learning this effortless recipe will allow you to bake and share this popular dessert with your loved ones throughout the year.
What goes into baking blueberry muffins?
A look into the ingredients reveals the secrets to this mouth-watering recipe. This is a non-vegetarian recipe that uses readily available ingredients such as flour, baking powder, milk, egg, granulated sugar, canola oil, vanilla extract, and blueberries.
If you are unfamiliar with canola oil, it is a type of vegetable oil obtained from the rapeseed plant. Compared to all the vegetable oils, canola oil contains the lowest amount of saturated fats. This makes it most suitable for maintaining good heart health.
Blueberries have a long list of health benefits. The low-calorie fruit is filled with nutrients, antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Therefore, they can aid in maintaining excellent heart health, heighten memory capacity and cleanse urinary tract infections.
Milk and egg fill the body with protein. Milk also adds to the calcium intake.
The health beneficial ingredients included in this irresistible sweet blueberry muffin recipe give all the more reason to try them!
- The granulated sugar gives the blueberry muffins their soft texture, therefore its best not to replace or skip this ingredient.
- To save the fresh/frozen blueberries from sinking to the bottom, lightly coat the berries with the dry flour mixture before adding to the batter. The thin batter also leads the berries to sink to the bottom. Hence, maintaining the right batter consistency is essential.
- To ensure that the blueberry muffins rise properly, make sure to mix the baking powder evenly.
- To store the muffins for a week, wrap them in a good quality freezer bag or aluminum foil and keep in the fridge. Wrapping the muffins will also save them from drying out in the refrigerator.
Homemade dessert: quick and delicious
This blueberry muffin recipe is very simple to make. You only need a handful of ingredients, the 5 easy-to-follow steps below, and about 30 to 35 minutes to spare from your daily routine.
Did you know cooking works as a stress-busting therapy? So, play some music, wear an apron and bake yourself a fresh batch of blueberry muffins.
You may also transform a Sunday morning into a fun family baking endeavor. Expecting company? Invite friends over and flaunt the sweet-smelling, cute homemade blueberry muffins waiting to be devoured to the heart’s content.
Desserts cheer up folks of all ages. Chuck the store-bought cupcakes to savor some moist delectable blueberry muffins right out of your oven.
Palate satisfying happiness is guaranteed!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- Prepare muffin cups and line them with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix oil, milk and egg in a separate bowl, add vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Now combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until batter is formed. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups, bake for 15-20 minutes.