Crème Brulee is much more than its literal meaning denoting-burnt cream. It is a simple dessert having a uniquely exotic and rich vibe to it.
Tasting a perfect Crème Brulee is an experience in itself! An ecstatic play of temperatures and flavorful textures fuse into this luscious dessert. The bottom of the dessert has a cold velvety smooth texture; the middle is cozily warm and soft, while the top is a delicate thin layer of sweet crunchy caramel.
Crème Brulee has been around for centuries. Its first printed recipe dates back to the year 1691. Such an ancient dessert deserves to be prepared at home and cherished with loved ones.
What Goes Into Crème Brulee?
In about half an hour, 4 ingredients merge with each other to form a baked sweet dish- Crème Brulee. These easily accessible ingredients are; whipping cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
Quite astonishing as it may sound, these few common ingredients result in a stunning, non-vegetarian custard. The ambiance is already set by the vanilla scent. The glass-like caramelized top invites a spoon’s nudge to break it open for a taste. The sweet crunch is accompanied by a wondrous silky-smooth, creamy, warm & cold delight.
Touching upon health benefits, the eggs cover the daily protein need, while vanilla is great for the heart.
It is to be noted that baking this tasty caramelized custard in the right sized ramekins is the secret to perfect Crème Brulee. It is best to opt for shallow ramekins with a wide top.
- To ensure the custard remains cold at the bottom when served, place them on a chilled tray and brulee the top quickly.
- To get a perfect caramelized crisp top, the sugar layer should be thin and even.
- For a thick caramelized top, brulee a thin even sugar layer, place another thin even sugar layer and brulee again.
- To store the Crème Brulee for up to 3 days, avoid dusting the top with sugar. Leave the bruleeing for the serving time.
- A few other flavor variations include adding salt, coffee beans, lemon zest, cinnamon powder, liqueur, and herbs.
A Creamy Treat: Simply Irresistible
Had a stressful day? Need something yummy to cheer you up?
Why not try this 4 ingredients quick Crème Brulee?
This dessert has successfully enhanced my mood on many occasions! This creamy caramelized Crème Brulee has the ideal flavors, aroma, and textures to satisfy the craving for a delicious palate pleasing sweet dessert.
This Crème Brulee recipe is my favorite for multiple reasons.
Firstly, I always have eggs, vanilla, whipping crème and sugar at home! So ingredients are sorted. Secondly, when recipes require only boiling, little whisking and baking, they automatically are a pick during exhausting weekdays and lazy weekends!
The extra 2 hours of cooling time comes in handy when I prepare this tempting dessert for guests. I prepare it in advance, allowing me to catch up with friends and family without being busy in the kitchen.
Homemade Crème Brulee tastes incredible! Bake it once and you’ll crave for more!
- ¾ cup whipping cream, 35%
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, for caramelizing
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prepare a custard cup or a ramekin.
- Mix cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with sugar. Add egg mixture to the cream right when it starts to boil. Whisk well as you go.
- Transfer the mixture to custard cups or a ramekins, and put them into the baking dish. Pour hot water into the baking dish, half the height of the cups. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the baking dish and let cool for 2 hours or more.
- Sprinkle with sugar before serving. Place the cups right under the broiler and heat until sugar caramelizes. You can also use mini torch.