The iconic cheesecake has a long history, it’s hard to imagine, but people already made a similar cake 4,000 years ago in Ancient Greece.
The modern version that acquires its smooth, silky consistency from cream cheese was arguably invented in New York, where the cake is still a city staple.
Continually looking for perfection, variations of the classic cheesecake have become mainstream, and from those, the chocolate cheesecake is probably the best suited to become a new classic.
Baking desserts are tricky. The right ingredients in precise proportions, baked at meticulous temperatures for strict times is necessary just to get them right, let’s not talk about perfection.
No wonder why store-bought cakes are a thriving industry.
But wait, before you browse away, we have good news. Our chocolate cheesecake is as easy to make that you’ll feel like a pro. So put on your mad scientist hat, because this recipe will result in the silkiest, chocolaty-est desert you’ve ever made; and it’s easy.
There’s more good news; you don’t have to bake this treat, not even the crust. This easy no-bake recipe will result in a perfect, luscious dessert every time, and it takes less than half an hour to make.
So, let’s get things straight: Easy to make, fast and delicious. That’s what our chocolate cheesecake is all about.
Whether you want to surprise your family, give a perfect home-warming gift, or treat yourself after a hard day’s work, this recipe is for you.
If you’re ready, let’s get started.
What goes into our No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake?
For starters, Oreo cookies. They’ll make the perfectly textured crust. Graham crackers will work too and will contrast nicely with the chocolate flavors, but Oreo cookies are just too good to pass by.
Cream cheese is the heart and soul of this recipe. It will give the right consistency and texture to the pie. Get the good stuff.
Dark chocolate is what makes this dessert unique. Bitter-sweet flavors of high-quality baking chocolate bring the cheesecake to the next era.
The secret to the perfect texture is cocoa powder. Other than that, vanilla sugar and whipped cream will play vital, but secondary roles.
Chopnotch baking tips
- Don’t crush your cookies. We want crumbles, not dust. The crunchy Oreo bites that will end up on your crust will give structure and a pleasant surprise.
- Take your time making the crust, press firmly with a spoon and try to make a homogeneous Oreo layer.
- Source high quality, artisanal 100% cacao baking chocolate. You can taste the difference.
- Mix well. The difference between a thick, clumpy cheesecake and a light and fluffy one is in the mixing.
- Don’t rush it. It might take up to seven hours in the fridge for your cheesecake to get the right consistency.
Enjoy your No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with the ones you love. You thought making desserts was tough? Think again.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 5 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 18 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix Oreo and butter in a bowl to combine. Slightly grease the edges of a 9-inch springform pan, press the Oreo mix into the bottom of the pan and spread. Put into a fridge.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder with a blender, until well combined. Add melted chocolate and mix well again.
- In another bowl mix whipping cream, powder sugar and vanilla extract. Now add the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese one and mix well.
- Add the cream filling to the Oreo crust, cover the pan and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with whipping cream and berries.