Strawberry Crunch Cake
Box mixes make this tasty cake super simple. It’s an elegant-looking cake with an unusual flavor which is sure to impress everyone.
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 box strawberry cake mix plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- ½ box Nilla wafer cookies crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- fresh strawberries for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare four 8-inch round cake pans by lining them with parchment paper and then grease.
Prepare the white and strawberry cake mixes in accordance with the instructions on the box. Use the prepared pans to bake two white cakes and two strawberry cakes. Once finished baking, remove from pans after 10 minutes and then cool completely on a cooling rack.
Take a large mixing bowl and beat the softened butter and 3 cups of the confectioners' sugar. Once smooth, add the remaining 3 cups of confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and the heavy cream, and then beat until fluffy. Add more heavy cream a little at a time if the frosting is too stiff.
Now take the freeze-dried strawberries and Nilla wafers and crush them in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Once crushed, add the melted butter to the bag and toss until well combined.
Next, place one of the cooled white cakes on a plate and frost the top of it. Then place one of the strawberry cakes on top of that one and frost it. Repeat with the remaining two cakes, frost the sides, and then press the crunch mixture all over the top and sides. Finally, garnish with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
- Don’t frost it until it’s completely cool or else the frosting might melt and that won’t look good.
- Leave the butter at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes to soften. This makes it easier to blend with the other frosting ingredients.
- If you prefer to use square cake pans, use 7-inch square pans instead of the 8-inch round ones.
Calories: 869kcal | Carbohydrates: 142g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 108g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 241mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 6mg