Almond Flour Cupcakes
These cupcakes are moist and sweet. With chocolate and vanilla hints and a creamy chocolate frosting, these are always a winner.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sweetener any brand
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces milk chocolate frosting any brand
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a muffin tin and line it with muffin liners.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix until combined. Then add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter evenly into each of the 12 cups in your lined muffin tin filling each one no more than ¾ of the way full, and then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven when an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Let cool completely and then pipe the chocolate frosting on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t fill the muffin cups more than ¾ full or else the cupcakes won’t be able to rise properly.
- Don’t over-mix or over-bake either. Over-mixing leads to dense cupcakes while over-baking can dry them out. Plus, they keep baking for a couple of minutes after you take them out of the oven.
- You can change the flavor of these cupcakes if you want. Try lemon zest and a lemon frosting. Or how about berries and a strawberry frosting? Cherries are always amazing with almonds. The combinations are endless.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg