Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
The great flavor of cinnamon buns pairs perfectly with tangy cream cheese filling and sweet icing in this delicious dessert.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package cinnamon rolls with frosting and refrigerated
Preheat the oven to 325°F and lightly grease a springform pan. Press all of the cinnamon rolls flat into the bottom of the pan until it is completely covered to form the base. Set aside.
Beat the cream cheese and white sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Then add the sour cream and vanilla extract and continue to beat until all the lumps are gone. Then mix in each egg completely, one at a time.
Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a separate bowl until the mixture is well combined.
Now take the prepared springform pan and spread the cream cheese batter evenly on top of it, and then drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon mixture into the batter. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon mixture into the cream cheese batter.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is jiggly in the middle but firm around the edge. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Once cooled, spread the frosting over the top and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours. Once set, serve and enjoy!
- Make sure everything is at room temperature before you begin. This helps ensure everything mixes together easily and includes sour cream, eggs, and cream cheese. It also includes the cinnamon rolls - they’re tricky to spread straight from the refrigerator!
- Vanilla complements the cinnamon bun flavor, but make sure you’re using real vanilla extract because the difference in flavor between that and the synthetic kind is huge!
- The cheesecake is done when the edges are firm but the middle is slightly jiggly. Depending on your oven this might take up to 40 minutes. Check it after 30 minutes though.
Calories: 608kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1272IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 1mg