This candy is such an indulgent treat. It's a quick and easy 7-ingredient recipe that makes perfect candy every time.
Servings:30 servings (about 3 pieces per serving)
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes and softened
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rum extract or straight rum or vanilla extract
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Add the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Then remove the lid and cook uncovered until a candy thermometer reaches 270°F.
Now add the butter, honey, salt, and rum (or vanilla) and stir the mixture constantly until the candy thermometer reaches 300°F.
Immediately remove from the heat and pour the mixture onto the center of the prepared baking sheet. Do not scrape the pan or spread the mixture.
Let it cool until the candy is almost set, for about 5 minutes, and then score into 1-inch square pieces using a pizza wheel. Let it cool completely, and then break it into squares and serve. Enjoy!
- Test your candy thermometer for accuracy before using it. Make sure it reads 212°F when you put it in boiling water.
- If it’s especially rainy and humid, your candy might get grainy crystals in it. Make it on a dry day instead!
- Oil the pizza wheel before scoring the candy. Don’t cut all the way through with the pizza wheel. When it’s set then it should break into pieces easily.
- If the candy is too hard to cut through, pop it into the oven for 5 minutes until it’s a bit softer and try again.
- Be careful not to splash yourself with the boiling hot mixture when pouring it into the baking pan.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg