Healthy Pumpkin Bars
These moist, healthy bars are great for the fall. They’re made with nut butter, pumpkin, vanilla, and more for the perfect flavor.
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 eggs large
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips milk or dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Leave some parchment paper hanging over both ends of the pan for easy removal later. Set aside.
Combine the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, peanut (or almond) butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all lumps are gone.
Combine the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl and stir. Then transfer this dry mixture into the wet mixture, stir until just combined, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
Now pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean from the center.
Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes, and then lift out of the pan using the parchment paper and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
- Use any kind of nut butter in this recipe or a combination of more than one. Try half cashew butter and half peanut butter perhaps.
- Another idea is to substitute some of the nut butter for seed butter. Consider pumpkin seed butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Feel free to add chopped walnuts or pecans instead of chocolate chips if preferred.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1629IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg