Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies
With the flavors of vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon, these are moist and delicious. One is never enough!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl until well combined using a wooden spoon.
Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until just combined, and then stir in the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until fully combined. Then stir in the mini chocolate chips and transfer the dough to a refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
Once the dough has finished chilling, remove it from the refrigerator and scoop out one tablespoon at a time. Form each scoop of dough into a ball using your hands and place them on the prepared baking sheet 2 – 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15 minutes until the tops are light brown. Remove from oven and place the baking sheet onto a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Then remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them onto the cooling rack directly until completely cool. Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t skip the chilling step. Chilling the dough in the refrigerator means they will hold their shape better during cooking.
- Swap the ground cinnamon for nutmeg or even pumpkin pie spice for a slightly different flavor.
- You can also switch the vanilla extract to any other kind of extract. Hazelnut or almond would work nicely here.
- Prefer oatmeal raisin cookies to oatmeal chocolate chip? No problem, simply substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg