Caramel Apple Slices
This is such an easy recipe. The crisp apples and buttery caramel are drizzled with chocolate for a gorgeous treat everyone will love.
Servings:30 apple slices
- 4 medium apples preferably Granny Smith or any other tart apple
- 16 ounces caramel bits 1 ½ bags
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips milk chocolate or white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside. Wash the apples with water, pat dry, and then cut them into 1-inch slices by slicing away from the core.
Add the caramel bits and water to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals while stirring the mixture in-between until the caramel bits have melted completely.
Lay the apple slices onto the prepared baking sheets. Spoon the melted caramel onto each slice and let set.
While the caramel sets, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a separate microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals while stirring in-between until the chocolate has melted completely.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the caramel and let set. Once set, remove the slices from the parchment paper (you may need to cut away excess caramel from the sides) and serve. Enjoy!
- Cut apples can turn brown when exposed to the air. If you’re making these caramel apple slices ahead you can soak the sliced apples in lemon or lime juice.
- The shiny wax on apples might make them look pretty, but sometimes the caramel can slip off. You might like to wash the wax coating off before you begin if that might be an issue. Hot water with a few drops of lemon juice or baking soda added should get it off easily.
- I know I said this already, but make sure the sliced apples are dry before adding the caramel, or else it won’t stick!
- These are wonderful for anything from a Halloween buffet table to a Thanksgiving snack. They’re so simple to make you will definitely want to make these more than once!
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg