Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
You are going to love the crumbly appeal of these scones with fresh berries, enhanced with almond and vanilla hints.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter chilled
- 1 ⅓ cup white chocolate chips divided
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries fresh
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together until combined. Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter and then add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir well.
Add the milk, heavy cream, eggs, almond, and vanilla to a small bowl and whisk together. Now pour this mixture into the flour mixture, stir until just combined, and then gently fold the raspberries in.
Divide the dough in half. With each half, create an 8-inch circle on a floured countertop so that you have two circles. Now cut both circles of dough into 8 wedges each so that you have a total of 16 wedges. Place the wedges onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and let cool. Place the remaining ⅓ cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals while stirring in-between until the chocolate has melted completely. Use a large spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled scones and let set. Serve and enjoy!
- Try semisweet chocolate in place of the white chocolate if you want to experiment.
- Fresh strawberries or blackberries would also work in place of the raspberries.
- Swap the heavy cream for buttermilk or full-fat vanilla yogurt for a very similar, but slightly different result.
- Many cookie and cake recipes tell you to bring the ingredients to room temperature first, but that is NOT true of scones! Use chilled ingredients. If the butter is too soft it will melt too fast during baking and the scones will come out too fragile and flaky.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 522IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg