Cookies and Cream Bars
These bars are really easy to make. They taste like Oreos with hints of creamy chocolate and tangy cream cheese.
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 18 Oreos crushed
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl, and then beat the sugar in while occasionally scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl until it is light and fluffy. Then add 2 eggs plus 1 additional yolk and the vanilla and mix well.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl, and then mix it into the cream cheese mixture until it is fully combined. Occasionally scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed Oreos and then spread the filling into the prepared baking pan. Now crush 5 to 10 additional Oreos, but not as coarsely, and evenly spread them over the top of the filling.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once completely cool, slice into individual bars. Serve and enjoy!
- Don't try to cut the bars until the mixture is completely cool or else you will get ragged cuts rather than a neat and tidy result.
- Feel free to make any substitutions you'd like. Try white chocolate chips or consider using gingersnaps instead of Oreos for a deliciously different twist on the result. What about adding a handful of chopped mixed nuts?
- You can use salted butter if that's all you have but if so reduce the additional salt by half.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg