It doesn't have to be Halloween to make this easy 5-ingredient dessert. Kids love the rich chocolate flavor and fun gummy worms.
For the pudding:
- 2 cups milk
- 3.4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
For the topping:
- 12 Oreo cookies crushed
- 32 gummy worms
To make the pudding:
Add the milk to a mixing bowl and then sprinkle the pudding over the top. Whisk until well combined and then let it sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up.
Fold in the whipped topping gently until well combined and then divide the chocolate pudding between 8 serving glasses or clear plastic cups.
To make the topping:
Crush the Oreo cookies using a food processor or in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Do not remove the cream filling from the cookies prior to crushing them.
Transfer the crushed cookie mixture evenly onto the top of each cup and then add 4 gummy worms to each cup. Push the ends of the gummy worms down into the topping. Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!
- You can add a second tub of whipped topping to stretch the pudding mixture further and perhaps a spoonful of cocoa powder too, so the chocolate flavor is still as strong.
- I prefer to add the Oreo crumbs and gummy worms just before serving so the cookie crumbles don't get soggy.
- A little bit of black food coloring in the pudding layer gives a darker shade.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg