This recipe offers an exciting twist on sugar cookies, boasting rich flavors of matcha green tea and vanilla.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and matcha powder to a small bowl and then mix until well incorporated. Set it aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth and then beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Then blend in the matcha powder dry mixture gradually.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and slightly flatten them to create round discs. Place them onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes until they turn golden brown.
Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- If you like matcha, buy the best quality you can find so you can experiment with matcha drinks as well as other green tea cookies and brownie recipes.
- The cookies are done as soon as you spot the edges turning golden. Take them out of the oven at this point and they will be crisp on the outside with a delicious chewy inside.
- Don't press the uncooked cookies down too much on the baking sheets. You don't want them to get too thin because they're delicate.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg