Italian Wedding Cookies
These gorgeous powdered sugar-covered cookies feature vanilla and almonds.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar divided
- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups almonds finely ground
- 1½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Cream together ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar and butter until light and fluffy, and then mix in the salt, ground almonds, and vanilla extract. Mix in the all-purpose flour until well combined.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and space them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. The cookies should still look pale in color when you take them out.
Roll the warm cookies in the remaining confectioners’ sugar and place them on a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, dust with more confectioners’ sugar, and then serve and enjoy!
- Bring the butter to room temperature before starting the recipe. It’s easier to mix that way.
- Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to break off pieces of dough before rolling them up in your hands, to get them more or less the same size.
- There’s no need to grease the baking sheets. The cookie dough contains plenty of butter so the cookies aren’t going to stick.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg