Peanut Butter Blondies
With only 7 ingredients you can make the most delicious bars spiked with sweet hints of vanilla and warm brown sugar.
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Leave some parchment paper hanging over both ends of the dish for easy removal later. Lightly grease the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the melted butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined, and then mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
Mix in the salt and flour until smooth and then spread the batter evenly into the baking dish. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Use the parchment paper to lift the blondies out of the dish, let cool completely, and then slice them into squares using a sharp knife. Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to add more texture to them, feel free to throw in chopped walnuts, white chocolate chips, or raisins.
- Make sure the blondies are completely cool before cutting them, so you can make neat squares.
- Store them in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freezing them is another option and, if you do that, you can thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or for a couple of hours on the countertop.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg