Red Velvet Brownies
If you can't decide between cake and brownies, combine both for this awesome dessert!
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Leave some hanging over the two ends of the pan for easy removal later.
Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box and then spread the batter into the prepared pan.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the red velvet cake mix, vegetable oil, egg, and milk until thick and well combined. Then spoon the red batter onto the brownie batter layer and gently swirl in random directions with a knife or toothpick.
Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the center with a small amount of batter on it.
Allow them to cool completely, and then use the parchment paper to lift them out of the pan. Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
- Can you use a different kind of cake mix? Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite, since just about any flavor of cake pairs well with the chocolate appeal of brownies.
- Check the boxes of mix before you leave the grocery store, to see which other ingredients need to be added.
- Add a cup of white chocolate chips to the batter for an even richer result or some dried berries.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg