Raspberry Custard Kuchen
An easy and impressive German sweet, our crustless kuchen has a creamy filling bursting with fresh flavors to enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
For the filling:
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a baking pan.
Mix 1 cup flour and salt in a bowl. Add butter and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
Add cream and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the pan and press it into the bottom.
Mix sugar and the remaining flour, sprinkle over the crust. Add raspberries on top.
Mix sugar and flour in a separate bowl. Add eggs, cream, and vanilla extract, mix well until combined. Pour over berries.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly brown. Serve warm or cold.
- Don’t forget to grease your pan, otherwise, your kuchen will stick!
- Make sure your butter is cold so your dough gets the proper texture.
- Rub the butter and flour together to get the right crumbly texture for your dough.
- Before you add the raspberries on top of that crust, make sure you use the rest of the flour and sugar, sprinkling it on the dough.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 737IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg