Best Homemade Apple Pie
You only need 7 ingredients and it's quick, easy, and the finished pie is absolutely delicious.
- 8 large apples peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease a pie pan. Unroll the pie crust and press down into the pie pan. Press against the sides and the bottom.
Add butter to a pan and melt it over low heat. Add flour and stir well to combine. Add sugars and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes.
Top the crust with apples, add flour sugar mixture on top. Cut the second pie crust into slices and top the pie with the slices.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°F and cook for 40-45 minutes more until the crust is golen brown. Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t skimp on the flour or you’ll have a watery sauce and your pie will have a soggy bottom!
- If you’re worried about the crust burning at the edges just add a little foil over it.
- Not doing a lattice design on top? Don’t forget to cut slits in the top layer of pastry so the steam has a way to escape.
- Add a warm earthy flavor by adding a pinch of apple pie spice or some ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg