Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
Discover how to make this classic recipe. It's quick, easy, and boasts juicy sweet apples with a perfect crispy oat topping.
For the base:
- 10 cups apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
For the topping:
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking pan. Add sliced apples to it and spread evenly.
Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, and water in a bowl. Add on top of apples.
In a separate bowl, mix all topping ingredients and add on top of the apple mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Make sure to slice your apples up evenly so they cook to the same texture.
- For extra crunch appeal, add some chopped walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts to the topping.
- This dessert is best served hot, but do let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven. Nobody wants to burn their mouth!
- Swap some of the apples for raspberries or blackberries for a brand new take on this classic dessert.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg