Blackberry Cobbler with Cake Mix
This quick and easy cobbler recipe takes mere minutes to prepare and the result is a rich, hearty and tasty dessert.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
Heat oven to 375°F.
Take a mixing bowl and empty the cake mix into it. Add butter and mix until the cake mix resembles cornmeal.
After that, take a 9x13 inch glass baking dish, spread berries, and sprinkle crumb topping over them evenly.
Now place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until berries are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- It's important to make sure the yellow cake mix and butter are well combined in the texture of crumbs before adding the blackberries.
- Keep an eye on the oven around to 25-minute mark. If it’s golden brown on top, you know it’s done. Baking times do vary from oven to oven.
- Let the cobbler sit for at least 15 minutes before serving because it will be extremely hot inside.
- Roll the blackberries in sugar before adding them, if you want a sweeter flavor.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 627IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg