Flavored with vanilla and rich brown sugar, these blondies make such a wonderful snack. You can enjoy one as a treat or take a batch to a picnic or party.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg large
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries divided
Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Take a medium-size bowl and whisk baking powder, salt, and flour.
Now take another large bowl and whisk brown sugar and butter until smooth.
Add vanilla and egg and mix them well to combine.
Now stir in the dry ingredients until combined and then add 1 cup of the blueberries and gently mix them in.
After that, transfer this batter to the pan and smooth the top. Now press ½ cup blueberries into the top and bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Check the readiness by inserting a toothpick in the center.
Let the blondies cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan.
Remove from the pan, slice, and serve!
- Double the ingredients if you want to use a brownie tray or jelly roll pan to bake them in. They will be a little thicker and the cooking time will increase a bit.
- Frozen mixed berries would be another idea for these, as long as you thaw them fully and drain off excess liquid.
- The cooking time varies according to your oven. Check them after 25 minutes to see how they’re doing.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg