Key Lime Fudge
This fudge is really simple and doesn’t take long at all. It's a sweet treat boasts the tangy flavor of key lime in every delicious bite.
Servings:16 1-inch squares
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cup white chocolate chopped
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lime zest finely grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
Preheat oven to 375°F and line 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Grease the foil with nonstick spray.
Melt the butter in the microwave. Once melted, add graham crackers and sugar. Stir them until it forms a texture the resembles wet sand.
Now take the prepared pan and scatter the crumbs in the bottom. Press them to even the layer.
Bake it for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Start preparing the fudge.
Melt the sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate, and salt in the microwave in 30-second increments while stirring in-between until the mixture is smooth.
After that, add the lime zest and lime juice to the white chocolate mixture and stir well.
Pour the fudge over the crust and smooth it into an even layer.
Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Remove it from the pan. Cut into square pieces with the help of a sharp knife. Run the knife under hot water in-between cuts to make clean squares. Enjoy!
- You can use regular limes if you can't get Key limes.
- Humid air can affect the results of a fudge recipe. Try to pick a day that isn't overly humid or wet.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into squares so the pieces have nice, clean edges. Rinse the blade under hot water in-between cuts to make it even easier!
- Use milk chocolate if you prefer it to white chocolate. It has a stronger flavor, so use a bit less so you don't overpower the lime flavor.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 63g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg