Blueberry Strawberry Pie
This rustic galette is filled with tangy, tender berries enwrapped by a perfectly flaky, buttery crust. It’s the ultimate spring dessert!
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 9-inch pie crust store-bought or homemade
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- 2 ½ cups strawberries quartered
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 475 F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and flour lightly. Roll out pie crust into a circle shape (about 12 inches). Keep aside.
Place 2 ½ cups quartered strawberries in a bowl along with 2 ½ cups blueberries and mix with the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Leave for 5 minutes.
Add the fruit mixture onto the center of your pastry, make sure to cover all pie with the fruit mixture.
Mix together one egg with a tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Brush this mixture over the pastry and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Turn down the temperature of your oven to 375 F and bake until golden brown, for 40 minutes.
Once done, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with whipping cream or ice cream.
- Save time and use store-bought pie crust. You’ll get a guaranteed flaky crust in no time at all!
- Don’t skip the step of letting the filling rest. It allows the juices of the berries to release and thicken before baking.
- You can add lemon juice to your filling if you’d like extra tang.
- Bake until your crust is golden brown for a perfectly flaky texture.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg