Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
These mini cheesecakes are bright and fresh, with a simple graham cracker crust and zesty lemon cheesecake filling. They’re the perfect spring dessert!
Servings:12 mini cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs or 6 full sheets of graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the lemon cheesecake filling:
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 egg yolk large, at room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese brick-style, at room temperature
- 1 egg large, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
To make the crust:
Prepare a muffin pan with 12 cups and spray each with a nonstick cooking spray and keep aside.
To a food processor, add graham crackers and pulse well. Transfer to a bowl and add in 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Mix well until combined and distribute this mixture among greased cups, pressing down each into the bottom.
Bake for about 5 minutes at 325 F, then take out from the oven and keep aside.
To make the cheesecake filling:
Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in ½ cup granulated sugar until smooth.
Next, stir in 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, zest of one lemon, and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract until combined.
Gradually mix in egg yolk and egg on low until combined, scraping down the bottom and sides of a bowl.
Distribute this filling between all the cavities and bake for 17 to 20 minutes at 325 F.
Once done, take out from the oven and let them cool for an hour at room temperature.
Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Then remove cakes from the wells and top each with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- For a perfectly creamy cheesecake filling, let your ingredients come to room temperature before mixing. If they’re all the same temperature, they’ll incorporate much more smoothly so you get a lump-free consistency.
- Mix in your ingredients gradually, allowing each one to be well-combined before adding the next.
- Don’t skip the lemon zest! So much of that delightfully zippy lemony flavor is in the zest.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg