Carrot Mug Cake
This easy mug cake takes just minutes to make. Cinnamon and nutmeg add warm spices, and a little whipped cream on top finishes it perfectly.
Servings:1 mug cake
For the cake:
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons carrots shredded
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
For the topping:
- whipped cream
- carrots shredded
- pecans chopped
Stir together all the cake ingredients in a bowl until there are no lumps.
Pour the mixture into a microwaveable safe mug and microwave until baked through, for 60 to 90 seconds.
Top with your desired toppings and serve immediately.
- Shred your carrot in a mini food processor or using a cheese grater. You can also buy ready-shredded carrots for convenience. Get the thinly shredded ones; the thicker ones are more for coleslaw.
- Use any kind of milk to make this mug cake; soy milk, almond milk, or even coconut milk would work. You can also switch the butter for oil if you prefer.
- Artificial sweetener works just as well as brown sugar in this recipe.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 5462IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 2mg