Strawberry Lemon Muffins
These muffins are moist and delicious. They are quick and easy to prepare, and make a wonderful brunch, snack or treat. Kids love them too!
For the muffins:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the topping:
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Mix together ½ cup water, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, ¼ cup vegetable oil, ¾ cup sugar, ¾ cup butter, and 2 eggs in a medium bowl. Keep aside.
In another bowl, whisk together 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 ¾ cups flour, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
Fold in 1 cup fresh diced strawberries, until combined.
Line muffin tins with muffin papers and fill with the batter. Sprinkle each with turbinado sugar.
Bake in a preheated oven at 425 F until golden brown, for about 16 to 18 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use fresh strawberries because they boast so much flavor. This isn’t a recipe for canned or frozen ones.
- If you can’t find Turbinado sugar, substitute dark brown sugar instead for a similar result.
- You might like to sprinkle some confectioners' sugar over the finished muffins.
- Use lime zest rather than lemon zest if you want to change the flavor.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 396IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg