Dairy Free Brownies
You don’t need dairy to make this wonderful dessert. They are easy to prepare and taste perfect, offering a rich, fudgy flavor.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
Line a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Take a large bowl and whisk cocoa powder, coarse salt, and baking soda in it.
Now add ⅓ cup olive oil and boiling water into the cocoa powder mixture and mix until smooth.
After that, add the remaining ⅓ cup olive oil, vanilla extract, eggs, and sugar. Whisk them again until smooth.
Add all-purpose flour little by little and keep whisking until smooth.
Take a rubber spatula and fold in chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the baking pan. Top with extra semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Slice them just before serving, since cutting them cracks the top. You can hide cracks with some powdered sugar sprinkled over them.
- Choose Dutch-processed cocoa for the best results.
- The crispy top is like a fine layer of meringue. Get as much air into the batter as you can when mixing the eggs with the other ingredients. That way, the egg layer will form on top and give them the perfect texture.
- Swap some of the white sugar for dark brown sugar. This both enhances the flavor and helps create a fudgy brownie.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg