Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Juicy fresh strawberries give these them a great flavor, while tangy lemon and vanilla complement this easy-to-make dessert.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries diced and fresh
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Take a 9x9-inch baking pan and line it with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper. Leave some hanging over the two ends and then set aside.
Now mix the white sugar and butter together in a large bowl until well combined, and then beat in the egg and lemon juice.
Take a medium bowl and mix the flour and baking powder together, and then mix it into the wet mixture until well combined. Now fold in the diced strawberries, and then pour the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature before frosting with the glaze.
To make the glaze:
Take two or three large strawberries and puree them in a blender, then pour it through a strainer to get 1 tablespoon of puree. Whisk the puree together with the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until it’s smooth. Add more lemon juice if too thick or more sugar if too thin.
Glaze the cooled blondies and let set before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Don’t pour the glaze over them until they are completely cool.
- Stoneware or ceramic dish is ideal for baking these since it won’t overcook the edges.
- For a variation, consider swapping some of the strawberries for raspberries, blackberries, or even rhubarb.
- Although these are perfect in the evening with a glass of milk, you could also serve them for dessert with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 659IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg