Stuffed baked apples with oatmeal filling is a simple yet nourishing and delicious treat. The heavenly aroma of freshly baked apples stuffed with sweetened cinnamon-sprinkled oats is irresistible for a sweet breakfast or a healthier dessert.
What Goes Into Stuffed Baked Apples?
With only 5 ingredients and 3 simple steps, there’s not much to making baked apples with oatmeal filling. You’ll core your apples and preheat your oven. Then you’ll make the oatmeal mixture, fill the apples, and bake. Simple!
As it bakes in your oven, your whole home will take on a delightful scent. There’s nothing quite like this delicious combination to satisfy your sweet cravings without being too sinful!
Apples and oatmeal both have heart-healthy fiber in them. Plus they have vitamins and minerals your body needs. This recipe only uses a small amount of brown sugar so it is a healthier option for dessert.
You can use whichever apples you have on hand to make baked apples with oatmeal. However, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Braeburn, and Pink Lady apples are among the best for a baking recipe like this.
You can use quinoa flakes if you have them, or you can simply shop for a gluten-free brand of rolled oats to make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
Yes, steel-cut oats can be used in place of rolled oats for baked apples with oatmeal. The difference will be slight in the texture and flavor. Instant oats can also be used though it will take less time and it will have less of a texture than rolled oats.
- Choose unsalted butter to keep this recipe healthier by not adding sodium to it.
- You can also use real maple syrup or your sugar substitute of choice in place of brown sugar, however, the brown sugar adds a bit of a caramelized taste.
- Have more guests joining you? Simply double the recipe to satisfy everyone!
- Serve these warm, and if you want to make them more decadent, you can top them with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
You know what they say about an apple a day!
Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 apples, cored
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup butter, melted or softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add apples to a baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine oats, sugar, and cinnamon, stir well to combine. Add butter and stir well to combine.
- Stuff each apple with oats mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!