White chocolate cheesecake is easy to make and tastes amazing. It’s a wonderful dessert for any occasion. The white chocolate flavor makes a change from dark or milk chocolate and the lemon and vanilla in this recipe add even more appeal to the dessert.
Even if you haven’t made a cheesecake before, there is nothing difficult about this one. There is no baking involved, and all the ingredients are easy to find. A slice of this delicious cheesecake makes a great dessert or you could treat yourself to a piece as a snack.
Since the cheesecake needs to chill for a couple of hours, it’s a nice recipe to make ahead if you have guests coming over for a meal. You can make it and then forget all about it until it’s time for dessert. It keeps for a few days in the refrigerator or even longer in the freezer. You might even want to double up and make two!
This heavenly cheesecake is flavored with white chocolate, vanilla, and lemon, for a wonderful taste in every bite. These are the main ingredients you need to make it:
- White chocolate: The superstar of this recipe.
- Greek yogurt: For a tangy, creamy filling.
- Gelatin: To help the filling set.
- Vanilla extract: This complements the white chocolate taste.
- Sugar: For the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Lemon juice: To add a citrus tang.
- Crumbled cookies: For making the crust.
Making this mouthwatering dessert couldn’t be easier. You will need crumbled cookies (use any kind you like). Mix them with butter and press the mixture into the base of a springform pan. Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
Next, you will warm the lemon juice and gelatin with some water in a saucepan until the gelatin has dissolved. Whisk the cream cheese and sugar for a couple of minutes and then you can add the yogurt, melted white chocolate, and gelatin mixture.
Spread this filling mixture over the crust and then refrigerate the cheesecake for a couple of hours. Finally, you can decorate the dessert with whipped cream and shaved chocolate and serve.
You actually need to make this ahead because it needs a couple of hours to chill before serving.
It will keep for up to 4 days. Keep the cheesecake wrapped in plastic and refrigerated so it stays moist.
This refrigerated dessert shouldn’t be left out for more than a couple of hours, so once everyone has enjoyed their serving, it’s best to put it back in the refrigerator.
You can freeze this cheesecake for up to a month, either whole or in individual portions. Wrap it in plastic before freezing it. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
It’s best served at room temperature but can also be served chilled from the refrigerator. It makes a great dessert. Decorate it with whipped cream and shaved chocolate just before serving if you like. A sprig of fresh mint on top is another idea.
Choose from vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or lemon cookies. Perhaps you have another favorite. Any of them will work, so take your pick!
If you’re in a rush for it to set you can put it in the freezer for a while. You don’t want it to freeze though, so keep an eye on it in there.
- Use full-fat Greek yogurt and cream cheese if you’re not counting calories - they offer a much richer flavor than the reduced fat ones, although those would also work here.
- A springform pan is recommended since it’s easy to get the finished cheesecake out. If you don’t have one, use a foil-lined pan so you can lift it out.
- Switch the lemon juice for lime juice if you prefer. Either works well in this recipe.
It couldn’t be simpler to make this delicious white chocolate cheesecake, and everyone will be impressed with the tangy, fresh flavors.
Let us know what you think! Give this recipe a rating in the comments section below.
How to Make
White Chocolate Cheesecake
SCALE THIS RECIPE
- 7 oz Greek yogurt
- 4 oz biscuits, crumbled
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 3 ½ oz sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix biscuits and butter in a bowl to combine. Slightly grease the edges of springform pan, press the biscuit mix into the bottom of the pan and spread. Put into a fridge.
- Add gelatin and about 2-3 tablespoons water to a small sauce pan, add lemon juice, heat over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar, whisk for about 2 minutes. Add Greek yogurt, gelatin mix and melted chocolate, mix well until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuits base and chill in a fridge for 2-3 hours. Serve topped with shredded chocolate and whipped cream.
- For the crust base, graham crackers, Oreo biscuits, digestive biscuits, lemon cream biscuits, etc. can be used.
- To soften the cream cheese quickly, cut it into cubes beforehand. It will help during mixing.
- A few garnishing options that elevate that cake’s flavors are fresh fruit toppings, chopped dry fruits, berry sauce, caramel, and dark chocolate sauce.
- Before adding your preferred topping, let it set and become firm.